Purchase or Repair your Car Batteries in Calgary
At Speedy Apollo Auto Service Centres, we will get your car running again by inspecting, selling, and installing car batteries. Calgary and neighbouring cities can rely on us, no matter the battery issue. If you’d like a quote on a new battery, provide us with the make, model, and serial number, and we can send you some options. We can also take care of your starter repair in Calgary, so don’t hesitate to call us!
Start Diagnosing Your Battery Right Now
Before you even come to our shop, there are several things you can do to make sure your car battery is performing well.
Here are some signs to look for:
- Your engine takes longer to start.
- The Check Engine light may appear.
- You can test your battery at home by turning your key in the on position; turning on the highlights, the heater blower motor, and any other electrical accessories; and then tapping the horn. If the headlights dim, it is time to get the battery tested in-shop.
- The battery case has swollen and/or smells like rotten eggs.
A non-performing battery could harm your charging system and even your starter, and puts unnecessary wear on the battery starter alternator.
Avoid Boosting Your Car Batteries in Calgary
Due to the electronics in most newer vehicles, it is not recommended to boost your vehicle’s battery on your own. This task should be performed by a certified technician with the proper equipment and procedures. If you are considering a boost or similar procedure, please give us a call for additional help with car batteries in the Calgary area.
The Life of Your Battery
Generally, a car battery will last 3 to 5 years. You should have your battery inspected on a yearly basis. Certain driving habits and frequent short trips can shorten battery life. For any need concerning car batteries, Calgary residents can turn to Speedy Apollo Auto Service Centres. Contact us today!
Our Electrical Services
Speedy Apollo is your Calgary automotive electrical team that can troubleshoot and diagnose most vehicles electrical systems. We have experience with restraint, SRS and airbag systems. Our skilled professionals work with the following:
- High tension leads
- Diagnosis and repair of fretting in modular multi-lead plugs
- Electrical component cleaning
- Electrical and alternator/generator replacement or rebuild
- Door lock actuators
- Ignition switches
We also provide assistance with the following services and parts:
- AVR test to test performance of battery, starter and alternator
- Electrical draw testing
- Electrical diagnosis and replacement
- Fuse panels
- Switches and modules
- Trailer wiring, harness and controller installation
Starter Repairs for Calgary Vehicles
If your vehicle will not start, it is common to jump to the conclusion that it may be a battery issue; however, it is also possible that your car is experiencing a problem with its starter. If this is the case, you will need to have your vehicle assessed for starter repairs in Calgary as soon as possible. But, how can you tell if the starter is the problem rather than the battery or another electrical component?
- Grinding noises which suggests that the starter drive gear is worn out
- The engine whines without the engine actually starting when you turn your key
- Smoke or a burning smell is a serious issue that should be addressed
- An oil leak that may have seeped into the starter which can cause a malfunction
Rather than trying to diagnose and fix the problem yourself, it is important to bring your vehicle in to a trusted auto repair shop in Calgary such as Speedy Apollo to have it assessed.
For more information about our electrical and car batteries service in Calgary, call or visit us today. We’re happy to help! With many locations across Alberta, we are available to service you wherever you are. Visit us in Bowness, Forest Lawn, Midnapore and Westbrook.
Find a Shop Near you
5 convenient locations
Find the one closest to you